October 19, 2011

Write or Die Experiment

See, I'm just trying out this new website. And I don't really know how it works. But I have given myself 10 mins to write 500 words and I'm hoping that they'll mean something. Also, I think that there is some kind of consequences associated with slacking, but I don't know what they are so I'm hoping to mess up to see one. Hmm. I'll hit the pause button. I wonder if that does something. I just did it, I only get to pause once. Well, interesting. I learned that you can begin a sentence with and or because. Which every elementary school teacher told me not to. And I think that it is helpful but my brain has been hardwired to say no and I'm trying to break down that block. If I click away the screen starts pink and gets darker and darker. Is this where the punishment comes in? Can one even write 500 words in 10 mins? I'm only at 165 at this pint and I've got 6 minutes left. I really should be writing an essay for Camp Fire. I have to talk about why I want to be a CIT or counselor in training this summer. But I hated the experience and don't want to do it again. Sounds like a great essay to me. I keep letting the page go red but nothing bad has happened yet. I do really like this tool though. I think it challenges me and I feel pressure to write when I am using it. I let it go red and it started singing peanut butter jelly time. That is legitimately the most brilliant thing ever. I frakking love this website. I also the word frakking. I enjoy that there are different levels and I can't wait to see what some of the worse punishments are. I still need 200 words. I don't think I am going to get there. But I can try. Ok. So I decided to do NaNoWriMo this year. And it really scares me, because I don't have a good work ethic for that and I don't have a good topic that's welled flushed out but I am still going to do it. I need to google Reincarnation. Because that is the topic of the book. Sort of. Or that the main character can sense reincarnation in others, and can tell if you are the reincarnation of someone famous. 100 words 1 min. OH YES. I don't even think I can type 100 words a minute. In fact, I doubt  I can. But I am just going to keep typing words and hope for the best outcome. In fact if I do succeed I will be shocked but super happy. I am jsut typing randomness right now, not even thinking about what I am saying. I am having a really hard time doing this though. WORDS wrods words words words words time time time time time time time time time ah crap failed.



*But I did get to 500 words in 10:15.

1 comment:

  1. You know how I can see that you were typing fast?

    The spelling errors :)

    ReplyDelete